Nothing speaks of a vacation as much as the beautiful Mediterranean island of Mallorca.
This island is the largest of the Spanish Balearic Islands. It is also referred to as “Majorca” in Spanish. Locals, however, still call the island “Mallorca”.
There is so much to do for tourists on this island that it is difficult to list out all the things you can do there, and there is no better way to explore the island than from a Mallorca holiday house. However, here is my list of the 10 best things to do in Mallorca:
1. Beaches, obviously. Some of the best beaches in the world are right here on this island such as Playa de Muro, Port de Pollenca, Port d’Alcudia, Es Trenc, Cala Mondrago, or Can Picafort.
2. And then you eat, drink and be merry. You can start your vacation by chilling at one of the popular beach clubs. They offer bars, restaurants, massages, pools and parties with live music and DJs. Some of the top clubs on the island are the PuroBeach Club Palma, Nikki Beach Mallorca, PuroBeach Illetas, Ponderosa Beach Alcudia and the Mhares Beach Club.
3. Some of the best historical locations to visit are Capdepera Castle and Bellver Castle in Palma, or the bronze-age Talaiotic settlements like Capocorb Vell and Ses Paisses. Or the Roman settlement of Pollentia in the town of Alcudia. A must see is La Seu, the stunning Palma Cathedral.
4. Nature tours. You could visit the Cuevas del Drach, the Coves de Arta and even the Coves de Campanet if you’re interested in gorgeous cave systems. Or climb the Tramuntana Mountain range, and visit the Torrent de Pareis – a deep gorge leading to a beautiful beach.
5. Love more nature? Try the Natural Park Reserves. Mallorca has 6 nature reserves. These nature parks offer walking and biking trails, birdwatching and picnic areas.
6. Concerts. There is an entire calendar of concerts published, of which the Deiá International Music Festival, held between May and September, is the highlight.
7. Shopping. The best shopping is in the island’s capital of Palma. You can shop at the swankiest boutiques or the quirkiest little holes in the wall in this town. And almost all towns and villages will have a weekly market which sell local produce and food as well as trinkets and clothes.
8. Try a wine tour. The vineyards of Mallorca are famous for their wine (which, by the way, don’t leave the island) and no trip would be complete without a visit there. The most popular vineyards are around the town of Binissalem.
9. Boat tours. There are hundreds of boat tours around the island. Just make sure you book yours in advance as they are really popular and tend to get sold out really fast.
10. Drive up the Tramuntana Mountains in your dream vehicle. The drive takes you through some of the most breathtaking views on the island and if you’re driving the car of your dreams, well…
This is by no means an exhaustive list of things you can do in Mallorca, when you stay in a holiday home on Mallorca, but it gives you a push in the right direction. Enjoy!